Faith Route

Rustempasha Mosque

Rüstempaşa Mosque, located in the Rüstempaşa Complex, is located in a large courtyard. It was built by Mimar Sinan in 1553 and bears the name of Grand Vizier Rüstem Pasha. It has a square plan and was built of smooth cut stone. There is a construction inscription on the entrance door of the mosque. Its wooden roof, which rests on 22 columns, is covered with two domes. All sides of the Rüstem Pasha Mosque, from the dome to the skirts, are covered with tiles. Especially tulip motif tiles are considered as one of the most successful examples of Ottoman tile art.

Rustempasha Complex

Rüstempaşa Complex is located in Tekirdağ, Ertuğrul Neighborhood, Mimar Sinan Street. It was built by Mimar Sinan in 1553 by Rüstem Pasha, the grand vizier and son-in-law of Suleiman the Magnificent. In the inscription above the entrance door, there is information that it was repaired by Sultan Abdülmecit in 1841. Rustempasha Complex; It consists of a mosque, madrasah, covered bazaar, caravanserai, hammam, soup kitchen and library. Only the mosque and the covered bazaar have survived until today, while other structures have been partially destroyed and destroyed.

Eski Mosque

The Old Mosque, also known as the Central Mosque; It is located in Tekirdağ city center, in Ertuğrul Neighborhood. Since the construction inscription has not survived to the present day, it is known for certain about the date of its construction. The mosque, known today as the Old Mosque, was built between 1830 and 1831 by the Minister of Grain, Tekirdağlı Ahmet Ağa. The 2-storey mosque has a rectangular plan and was built using cut stone. The entrance of the mosque, which has an entrance surrounded by a plain border, has a round arch.

Orta Mosque

Orta Mosque; It is located in the center of Tekirdag, in the Orta Cami Neighborhood of Süleymanpaşa. It was first built by Kürkçü Sinan Bey in 1855, and upon the demolition of the mosque, it was rebuilt in 1912 in its old place by volunteers. Orta Mosque is named Orta Mosque because it is located between the Old Mosque and the Rüstempaşa Mosque. Orta Mosque, formerly called the Mediocre Mosque, has been restored to its original form.

Suleymaniye Mosque

Süleymaniye Mosque is located in Çorlu district of Tekirdağ province. It was built by Architect Acem Ali in 1521 by Suleiman the Magnificent. The mosque, which has a square plan, was made of cut stone. Süleymaniye Mosque has a narthex with 3 sections, covered with 3 domes, and this congregation place was formed by connecting 4 columns with round arches. The mosque, which is covered with a central dome with a pandanti and a pulley; It has a minaret with a stone base, a round grooved body, a single balcony and six muqarnas. In the courtyard of the Suleymaniye Mosque, there is a fountain with a roof carried by round columns.

Mirliva Mosque

Mirliva Mosque is one of the oldest mosques in Tekirdag. It was named Mirliva Hüseyin Pasha Mosque because it was built by Hüseyin Bey, the Mirliva of Antalya in 1498. It is located in the center of the parish of İnecik Village, where the caravan routes used to pass. Mirliva Mosque, which has an inverted T plan, is covered with a dome with a squinch and a pulley. In the interior of the mosque, there is a very simple mihrab with a round niche. The stone pedestal, round body and single balcony minaret next to the mosque was restored by the General Directorate of Foundations.

Ayazpasa Mosque

Ayazpaşa Mosque is located in Saray district, one of the oldest settlements in Tekirdağ. It was built by the Grand Vizier Ayaz Pasha in 1539. Ayazpaşa Mosque, which was designed with a square plan, was made of cut stone and was covered with a rimmed dome. The transition to the dome was provided with the help of squinches in the corner. In front of the mosque, there is a three-section narthex with a dome. The mihrab of the mosque is in the form of a round niche; Its minaret has a stone base, a thin cylindrical body and a single balcony. The mosque has a beautiful fountain and boxwood trees in its garden.

Guzelce Hasan Bey Mosque

Guzelce Hasan Bey Mosque; It is located in İlyas District, in the center of Hayrabolu district of Tekirdağ province. The mosque, whose construction started in 1486, was opened to worship in 1499. Guzelce Hasan Bey Mosque, also known as the Great Mosque, was built by Sultan II. It was built by Güzelce Hasan Bey, the son-in-law of Beyazıt. It has a square plan and was built using cut stone. It has a last congregation place with 3 sections and this congregation place was formed by connecting 4 columns with round arches. Next to the mosque, in memory of Güzelce Hasan Bey; There is the Güzelce Hasan Bey Tomb, which was built using cut stone. The mosque was restored in 2005 by the General Directorate of Foundations.

Gazi Omer Bey Mosque

Gazi Omer Bey Mosque; It is located in the Malkara district of Tekirdağ province, in Gazibey Neighborhood, to the north of the public buildings. It was built between 1493-1494 by Gazi Ömer Bey, the son of Turhan Bey, one of the famous commanders of Fatih. Gazi Ömer Bey Mosque is a part of the complex built in the name of Gazi Ömer Bey. The complex, consisting of a small mosque, various shops, a caravanserai, a tomb and a mosque, has survived only by preserving the integrity of the mosque and tomb. The mosque, which has a central plan, was built using smooth cut stone. The entrance to the mosque is provided by an iwan type crown door. Gazi Ömer Bey Mosque has the distinction of being the oldest among the mosques built by the Ottomans in Rumelia.
Open chat
Hoş Geldiniz. Size nasıl yardımcı olabiliriz?